Every person sometimes feels a kind of depression or apathy, unwillingness to do something, to do what he loves, to meet friends, to perform professional duties and take care of himself. Often this condition occurs in winter and autumn, when our body does not receive enough sunlight. In winter, we constantly want to wrap ourselves up in a warm blanket, feel sad, watching melodramas and just not leave this comfort zone. In this article, I will show you how to get rid of apathy for everything.
Main Signs of Apathy
Many are in a bad mood all day long, but do not understand what is really happening to them. Often, indifference and inaction towards one’s condition leads to negative consequences. I recommend that you carefully monitor your psychological health and be alert if you suddenly feel:
- constant sleepiness;
- unwillingness to communicate with close relatives, colleagues and friends;
- indifference to professional activity;
- decreased physical activity;
- frequent irritation;
- pessimistic attitude towards one’s life (everything is going badly);
- unwillingness to pay attention to their interests;
- fatigue when performing minor duties.
If you’ve noticed a few of the symptoms on this list, you should consider how you can overcome this apathy.
Causes of Apathy
The prerequisites for the onset of malaise can be different. The discouragement is manifested not only during the period of depression. The causes of apathy can be:
- persistent insomnia that leads to lack of sleep;
- difficulties at work;
- period of menstruation.
- apathy, unlike depression, disappears after a few days if a person gives his body time for rest, entertainment and communication.
What leads to a depressed mood in most cases:
- Failure of the endocrine system.
- Strong feelings.
- Drug or alcohol addiction.
- Uncontrolled medication intake.
- Hereditary predisposition.
- Loss of a close friend, relative.
- Divorce from her husband or breakup with a boyfriend.
- Brain trauma.
How to Overcome and Remove Apathy from Your Life?
I will list several ways to quickly get rid of a bad mood:
- Speak out to yourself. You can sit down near the mirror and tell yourself about your experiences, without hiding anything. If you find it difficult to hold back tears or screams – scream and cry, you will feel better. There is a chance that you need more than one such conversation, but several – it all depends on the complexity of the disease. The purpose of this technique is to find out the cause of this condition.
- Go in for sports. Of course, at first it will be difficult to rebuild your body, since laziness interferes with all undertakings. With the right effort, athletic training will become a habit.
- Fight laziness. Overpower it, clean the house or cook, go outside and take a walk, go shopping. Take a break from the thoughts that are depressing you.
- Spend time outdoors. Walk in parks, along city streets, breathe in pure oxygen. If you wish, find yourself a company with which you will feel comfortable spending time and talk about everything.
- Dream. You do not need to constantly dwell on your problems and constantly reflect on them, be distracted, let your imagination run wild. Write interesting stories, plan your vacation.
- Forget the negative. Very often when watching the news, we come across negative information that confuses and upsets us. Therefore, I recommend decreasing your use of TV news broadcasts. Watch more comedies and entertainment shows, and best of all read light books with a happy ending.
- Practice dancing. Turn up the music at home and move to it. Do this only for yourself, do not follow any rules, your lethargy will immediately disappear, and a good mood will come in its place.
- Deal with your insecurities, try to boost your self-esteem. Start by taking a refreshing shower or a warm bath with relaxing oils. Water will carry away all your negative thoughts and cleanse your body. You can also change your image, go to the hairdresser, visit the stylist, go shopping.
- Go on a journey. Visit other countries, learn a new culture, self-develop. Such a change of scenery has a great effect on psychological health and energizes. In addition to traveling abroad, you can get out to the sea, river, lake. The pond saturates us with positive energy and motivates us to move only forward.
- Find your passion. Draw, dance, create beautiful origami, fakes, sign up for makeup courses, find yourself in sports, take care of plants.
There are many ways to overcome apathy, you should find the one that will give you maximum joy and pleasure. If my recommendations listed above do not suit you, sign up for my personal consultation. Together we will overcome all your hardships and solve all your problems.
10 Effective Ways to Remove Apathy from Your Life
The main difficulty of the disease is that the patient does not want to admit his psychological disorder and fight it. He is not interested in treatment. In order for the malaise to go away once and for all, you need to set aside 2-3 days for your healing.
1. Think About the Future
Depression is a temporary state that is accompanied by laziness, thoughtless actions, lack of motivation. Feeling depressed and tired, a person thinks that such a discomfort will remain with him for a long time. To avoid this, reflect, remember how in the past you came out of this state, and repeat it again.
2. Find the Cause of The Disease
There are many signs, symptoms and prerequisites for the onset of depression. They manifest themselves differently in each person, so it can be difficult to define apathy. But I will give a list of the most common reasons:
- Lack of sports training, lack of physical activity.
- Harmful food that does not replenish the body with useful vitamins.
- A large number of responsibilities, lack of time for all matters.
- Fear of an event and resignation to your future failure.
You should quickly and accurately determine the cause of apathy in order to deal with it as quickly as possible and defeat it forever. If you can’t find the prerequisites, sign up for my consultation , I will help you to normalize your life and get rid of the oppressed state.
3. Don’t Be Afraid of Change
Think carefully, think about the moments that oppress you, come up with a plan for how to change these troubles in life. Read books by prominent authors. All big changes start with small ones. Sometimes, washing the dishes is enough to force yourself to clean the entire house.
4. Resist Small Stresses
Apathy is a routine that needs to be diluted with an emotional outburst. Put yourself in an unfamiliar position:
- Do routine things differently.
- Wake up earlier than usual.
- Try to meet someone.
- Sign up for an interview you wanted to go to but feared.
5. Cheer Yourself Up
To do this, you don’t need to exert much effort, just turn on a comedy, add a new album of your favorite artist to the playlist and dance to his music. Develop with friends, go bowling, cinema, skating rink. Do what you’ve never done. Discover something new for yourself.
6. Think Back to Happy Moments in the Past
Try to abstract yourself from the world, take a piece of paper and a pen. Think about everything that brought you pleasure – the activity, food, walks, travel. This will help you figure out what you would like to repeat, while feeling energized and happy.
7. Pick the Fruits That Hang Low
If you feel complete apathy for everything, then you need to do something about it. What needs to be changed is always in front of your nose, but you may not notice it. Reflect on your desires, perhaps you just have to want and pull yourself together in order to fulfill them.
8. Don’t Distract Attention
If you want to unwind and relax, do not strive to catch absolutely everything. Choose one of the most convenient and the best offer and follow there. This way you will really relax and not think about the time, constantly tense and afraid to be late somewhere.
9. Divide One Big Case into Several Small Pieces
If you feel apathy towards work and do not know what to do, I advise you not to shirk your duties, but gradually fulfill them. If this is a huge work project, prepare it slowly, devote an hour or two a day. So you will not strain and the work will seem less difficult to you.
10. Think Back to Habits
It is necessary to fight the routine, since due to the monotonous way of life, the brain ceases to function, it will begin to perform everything automatically. Every person needs to know their habits.
I will describe an efficient way:
- Write down any negative habits on a piece of paper.
- List all the positives.
- Write opposite bad habits – good ones.
- Now gradually replace the negative patterns of your actions with positive ones.
How to Get Rid of Apathy and Take Action?
To effectively overcome the apathetic state, it is necessary to first determine the causes of its occurrence. The most common option is to end your vacation and return to work. Most people find themselves in this situation and experience prolonged fatigue and irritability. This is due to the fact that the body has not yet reorganized itself into a working process after a prolonged inactivity. If you have time to relax on the seaside, the restructuring will take two weeks.
Here are some tips to help you defeat apathy:
- do not load the maximum amount of work on your fragile shoulders on the very first day;
- carefully make a daily plan – your body will not cope with the usual duties as efficiently as it was before the rest;
- consult with your doctor and purchase a complex of vitamins, as well as eat more vegetables and fruits;
- Allow yourself to sleep on the weekend, and not get up on an alarm clock, leading the body to a stressful situation.
These simple guidelines will simplify the adaptation period and quickly bring your life back to normal.
It is difficult to get rid of the blues caused by hormonal changes or disturbances. Very often, such a malaise occurs in female representatives, since their thyroid gland may be disrupted. This sometimes leads to an unbalanced psychological state, and sometimes even a physical one. If you notice such a problem in yourself, do not hesitate, seek help from an endocrinologist. He will give you a referral for your tests and prescribe the necessary medications.
Sometimes a person goes through a difficult period in life, when problems accumulate, and there is no time to solve them. He begins to overwork and get nervous more often. You cannot escape difficulties, but you can change your attitude towards them. I will tell you what to do if there is absolutely no energy and apathy to life has arisen.
- Sign up for a fitness club, do morning exercises, visit the pool. Any physical activity contributes to the entry of endorphins into the bloodstream, and you will notice how your mood will immediately rise.
- Eat right, eliminate sweet and fatty foods from your diet, and do not consume carbonated drinks.
- Walk in the fresh air as often as possible. Your brain needs oxygenation.
If a man has apathy for everything, he/she have to follow above mentioned key recommendations to deal with it. As soon as you notice the first signs of sickness, you should immediately throw all negative thoughts out of your head. I recommend making a positive thought process a habit, so you don’t let the blues take over you.
Effective Ways to Deal with Apathy
- Throw out all unnecessary things from the apartment. It is necessary to constantly maintain order in the house. Clutter negatively affects a person’s well-being, sometimes leads to prolonged depression, and the colors of life fade before our eyes.
- Only communicate with people you like. It so happens that a close friend loads you with their problems and, like an energy vampire, takes away all your vitality.
- Try to find a job that you enjoy. A working day should not give you a lot of negative emotions. Allow yourself to rest by taking short breaks, even if you are busy with responsibilities.
- Do something out of the ordinary – skydive, go diving, sign up for boxing, travel, climb a mountain. New experiences and achievements will increase your self-esteem, and life will sparkle with bright colors.
You may also like to read: No Mood: The Reasons of This Condition and What to Do About It?
How to Get a Loved One Out of Apathy?
If you notice that your best friend, relative, or acquaintance is acting suspiciously, you should find out the reason. If he is constantly depressed, in a bad mood, irritable and aggressive, he is most likely suffering from mental illness. To get him out of this state, you need to work hard and follow the following recommendations:
- Study all information about this disorder carefully. Look for information in various psychology literature. This will help you understand how your loved one is feeling.
- Don’t tell your friend that things will get better and fall into place quickly – this is annoying. Let him go through this pain, share the sadness with him. If he does not fully experience negative emotions, it will be difficult for him to cope with the disorder.
- Explain to him that everything changes over time, all his experiences will sooner or later disappear. Throughout your life, there will be a lot of adversity and failure, but you need to cope with them.
- Notice the simplest things – eating, taking a shower. Sometimes a depressed person needs to be reminded of these actions.
- Share with a friend and your experiences, tell us how you went through a difficult period in your life. Promise him that you will be by his side and always ready to help.
Of course, any person needs support, a close friend, a reliable shoulder. It’s easier to cope with difficulties when you have someone to share them with. Do not be indifferent to your loved ones and do not give up.
If you like this post, please share it to your friends and social community. You may follow us on social media Twitter, Facebook or Telegram Channel to stay updated and read the more articles like this.