The consequences of divorce are different, but more often, they are still negative. The establishment of the right to the possibility of dissolution of marriage unions, that is, the recognition of the freedom of citizens to register in marital unions, as well as to annul them, is the most critical indicator of the democratization of society.
Usually, the destruction of a marriage does not leave a trace for the spouses. Divorce lays a deep furrow of a mental wound, leaves resentment, pain, affects health since stress is a catalyst for various ailments.
The consequences of divorce for women, if they were not the initiators, are usually sadder. The breakdown of a family is often associated with property division, relocation, financial spending, or a change in the material component.
Positive Consequences of Divorce
The divorce process in almost 100% of cases causes severe stress for former partners. It is far from always associated with the burden of unrequited love, personal resentment, mental pain. However, even when the spouses disperse quite peacefully, having a mutual desire to leave, emotional stress still arises due to the uncertainty of the future, fear of loneliness.
The psychological consequences of divorce and their direction are determined by the divorced spouse’s role – the instigator or the victim.
1. A positive feature of the aftermath of divorce is removing all burdensome obligations to the other party. Man gets freedom. You can perform any actions within the regulatory framework, of course, without thinking that your partner will not like it, visit all kinds of entertainment venues, communicate, get acquainted. There is no need at home to explain long and tediously why he was late or why dinner is not ready.
Probably, immediately after the breakup of the family, it won’t be easy to believe that you will become happier, but this is so. At first, the separation scares loneliness. It is a widespread reaction. However, upset and negative attitudes will not last forever. Life will still take up.
2. Another positive side of the consequences of divorce is health improvement. Of course, happy family relationships have a beneficial effect on the mood and health of partners. Still, if it comes to the union’s collapse, then there is no need to talk about a successful relationship.
Interaction filled with strife, misunderstanding, resentment, scandals, pain can often cause irreversible harm to health. Therefore, if there is a choice between staying in an unsatisfactory union and its dissolution, then for the sake of health, it is recommended to prefer the second option.
Scientific research has shown that a conflicted marriage aggravates the condition of people many times more than liberation from such interaction by breaking the bonds of marriage.
3. In addition to personal happiness, the disintegration of unsatisfactory relationships will give the offspring a happy life.
Maintaining outdated relationships for the sake of children, where there is no mutual respect, mutual support, mutual care, where pain reigns, constant scandals, and lies dominate – this is at least stupid. Still, for the most part, it threatens the mental health of children.
Children are pretty sensitive; therefore, the daily quarrels their parents experience are much stronger than adults. Better to break up and try to establish a good relationship with your ex for the children’s sake.
Contrary to popular belief, the consequences of divorce for children are not always negative. As a rule, the pole of consequences after a divorce for offspring is due to the parent’s ability to agree with each other in the process of divorce registration and the future.
4. Divorce will allow you to become happy in a new relationship. Although, of course, immediately after receiving a document on the dissolution of the marriage bonds, a person will be seized by a feeling of emptiness, a lack of understanding of further steps, and pain. However, everything is transient.
According to research, first marriages end in a break in about 45% of weddings, and the second – only in 30%.
In addition to the listed positive results, parting will help to return control over your being into your own hands.
You may also like to read: What are Relationships, and Why are They Needed in our life?
Negative Consequences of Divorce
Each person experiences divorce in their way. For the ladies, this is considerable stress. No matter what the reasons became the catalyst for breaking the bonds of hymen, the ladies feel abandonment, uselessness, the fear of loneliness gnaws them.
If they loved their faithful and the divorce became for them a rumble in the clear sky, then the experiences are likely to be deeper and longer. The support of loved ones, their understanding, and care are critical here.
Often, after the dissolution of the marital union, a woman loses ties with her husband’s friends and sometimes with married friends. Often, even divorced young ladies themselves do not seek to meet with family friends because they are ashamed to appear alone.
1. Divorce is most painful for women who have been married for decades if the faithful unexpectedly leaves her for the sake of a young mistress. A large segment of her life was associated with a man, so it is pretty tricky for her to rebuild and accept.
It is good if the adult offspring are around and express moral support. It’s even better if you have grandchildren. Kids can warm even the coldest heart.
2. Another negative aspect of the consequences of divorce is the deterioration of the financial component, especially if there are joint children, who usually, after the termination of family ties, remain with the mother.
It is good when a former faithful provides sufficient material support, but this does not happen often. Therefore, women have to either go to work or look for a new, higher-paid job. The time spent on work is growing accordingly.
3. Mothers can no longer pay attention to babies in the same amount. And often, exhausted by the constant lack of finances, morally devastated, offended by her ex-spouse, a woman thoughtlessly turns her offspring against their parent, making him a weak traitor and a scoundrel.
Often, after the breakup of the family, a divorced woman with children returns to their father’s house. If parents are understanding, envelop their daughter with care, support her, this helps reduce the degree of bitterness.
However, there are other situations when parents constantly blame their child for her inability to preserve the marriage union, oppressing her daughter even more. Indeed, in addition to the fact that she already feels betrayed, it is also credited that she has become a burden for the parental family.
4. It is mistakenly believed that the consequences of divorce are less painful for men than for women. It is not true. It’s just that the stronger half are used to hiding their own experiences. An important role here is played by society’s position, which pities the divorced woman since her scoundrel husband left without maintenance with children, and accuses men of betrayal.
People like to feel sorry for someone because it makes them seem better in their own eyes. They also love and condemn, not understanding that men also feel, they also feel pain; they also suffer from the breakdown of the family.
5. Often, to overcome a stressful situation and cope with a depressive mood, the strong half begins to get too carried away with alcohol. They try to drown out their despair with vodka, which only worsens their state of mind. And if they don’t come to their senses in time, then in addition to health problems, they will also have obstacles in the professional environment.
6. The strong half and the beautiful ladies tend to want to have their own cozy home, where they are expected, supported, and accepted unconditionally. And after the breakup of the family, the circumstances change for both participants in the interaction, regardless of who became the instigator of the divorce.
7. If a man had to leave, he often has to rent a house; in connection with this, financial difficulties may arise and domestic problems. Indeed, over the years that he was connected with his wife by the bonds of hymen, he was used to relying entirely on his partner in economic matters. And now he has to cook, clean, lay things out, wash, distribute the budget yourself. He is oppressed by the inability to prepare regular food and the disorganization of life, as a result of which his health deteriorates.
8. Often men leave their families to create a new one. In this case, he usually manages to avoid housing problems every day, but here the danger lies elsewhere. He begins to compare the new spouse with the past beloved, and disappointment comes. She cooks worse, puts socks on the wrong shelf, buys the wrong underpants, makes the dishes wash. And there comes a realization that breaking the bonds of marriage was a mistake. It is impossible emotionally, without completing the former relationship, to enter into a new union.
9. Often from resentment against former companions, because they initiated a divorce, preferring other gentlemen to spouses, or decided to live on their own, but not with such losers as them, men may experience a decrease in libido.
10. After a breakdown in family ties, the offspring living with his ex-wife remain, to whom he has strong affection, then separation from them oppresses him, making him feel like a traitor. The situation can be aggravated by the mood of the former faithful, who turns the children against the parent, preventing him from seeing the children, hindering communication. A man suffers, hiding his pain because it is not customary, to be frank, in a male environment.
11. There are opposite situations when the spouse leaves, leaving the children to the father. Then the man has to assume the function of mother and mistress. It is challenging for a lonely young lady to raise children herself, but it is much more difficult for men because household chores are something supernatural for them. The thought that the faithful left him and the common children simply morally destructs a man.
The consequences of divorce for children and their parents are mainly due to the age of the children, the psychological maturity of the parents, their wisdom, the ability of parents to maintain friendly relations with each other after the breakup of the family, care, first of all, about the well-being of the offspring, and not about creating a new union.
In addition to the psychological aspects of the destruction of family bonds, there are also social consequences of divorce, consisting in a regression of the demographic situation, a decrease in the working capacity of divorced people, the leveling of the institution of the family, the growth of single individuals, the emergence of incomplete families, where one-sided upbringing by one parent dominates.
You may also like to read: 12 Major Mistakes Every Woman Makes in Relationship
Registration of a marriage is an official procedure that prescribes specific duties and rights to people who decide to register a relationship. As a result, the spouses have inevitable legal consequences upon their dissolution, primarily those related to property and common offspring.
Dissolution of marriage is a procedure that terminates any personal-property relationship between the spouses. Hence, the following facts are ranked as legal consequences:
- material assets acquired after the official breakup do not become common;
- property classified as jointly developed is divided between spouses either by an agreement or through a court;
- real estate, shares in the share capital of organizations, movable property, securities, jewelry, bank deposits, investment profits, joint business are subject to division;
- determination of the place of residence of common minor children;
- the establishment of the procedure for the payment of alimony, on which either one of the former spouses or children can count;
- in addition to material values, joint debts can also be.
However, not any tangible assets acquired during the couple’s cohabitation are considered standard. The personal assets of the participants in the marriage union include: inheritance, any values that the spouses owned before the registration of the relationship, donated things or things necessary for the performance of professional activities, shoes, clothing.
There may also be a contract that prescribes a specific regime for the use of the common property. Separately, the question of the surname should be touched upon. The spouse who acquired a new surname thanks to the marriage union independently decides to return the old one or keep this one.