What is flirting known not only to avid Don Juans and pretty coquettes but also to ordinary people? Oddly enough, but there is a large percentage of people who do not know what flirting is and how to use this skill.
Today we will talk about the signs and the very concept of flirting. We will discuss how to succeed in showing the proper attention and interest to the opposite sex. Readers who have difficulty flirting can find actionable tips for gaining self-confidence, and as a result, learn to flirt successfully.
In the end, I will tell you the difference between flirting and friendliness and answer why many are confused between these terms.
What is Flirting: Concept and Signs
Flirting is a combination of verbal and non-verbal signs of attention between a man and a woman to express sympathy. Flirting has some of the most prominent features, which are most often used, consciously or subconsciously, by both genders to express romantic feelings.
These flirting signs will help you understand if a person is flirting or not:
- Sight. To consider the person you like, the gaze will linger for a long time, which will be repeated quite often. If this happens, then this is already good.
- Mimicry. Flirting has another clear sign, and, of course, this is a manifestation of facial expressions, namely raised eyebrows, licking lips, touching them with fingers, dilated pupils, and nostrils.
- Shortening the distance. When a person feels sympathy, he will do everything possible to get closer to the object of adoration, touch, as if by accident, and find a way to sit closer.
- Hair touch. For men, this is also typical; even if the hair is gone, they will iron or scratch the bald spot. It is also worth looking into trying to straighten a tie, collar, or pulling up socks.
- Secret signs. This category includes stroking the legs of a glass with your fingers, touching a necklace and other accessories, crossing your legs. Flirting with secret signs is the most reliable sign because people do it on a subconscious level.
- Laughter and smile. Flirting will become evident if the person uses this particular method. When a woman likes a man, she will laugh loudly at all his jokes, even if they are effortless and do not make any sense. A man, in turn, also at the sight of a girl whom he sympathizes with, will not hide a smile, will try in every possible way to cheer her up, to make her laugh.
- “Mirror”. If there is someone who you like very much, then subconsciously, the interlocutor begins to copy, involuntarily repeat words, movements, facial expressions, vocabulary, etc.
- Defiant behavior. Often, men include “bully syndrome” to get a lady’s attention. Such flirting is liked by most of the girls, and all this is understandable because bad guys are always more interesting than good silent boys. Flirting consists in the fact that Zhigans behave defiantly, speak loudly, can provoke conflicts with another man. Often, young people try to demonstrate the mental and physical incapacity of other potential rivals nearby.
Flirting: Secrets of Success in Flirting
Flirting by itself is beautiful and enjoyable, but it can cause fears. Each person has specific phobias, and the sphere of personal life is no exception. At the sight of someone to whom there is sympathy, many questions may arise related to feelings of self-doubt and low self-esteem:
- “Do you like me?”
- “Is it worth the first (- oh) to start an acquaintance?”
- “Do I need to look in the eyes?”
- “What will happen if they refuse to me?”
- “What happens if you don’t like me?”
Fears are very exhausting, exhausting the nervous system. It often happens that, due to anxiety, a person loses the opportunity to change his life, and what can we say about the desire to show flirting.
Some simple tips can help you gain confidence, overcome fears, and learn to flirt successfully. These recommendations will allow you to get to know the person who used to be even scary to approach because of the fear of rejection:
- Positive attitude. Flirting people, in most cases, are confident, cheerful, and energetic. To show flirting, namely, signs of attention, you need to be enthusiastic and better in a good mood.
- Initiative at the beginning of the conversation. Don’t be afraid to start the conversation first. A universal phrase to start dating is the banal “Hello!” or “Hello!” You can talk about what is around at the time of communication, ask for advice, express your point of view. After the greeting, you can make a compliment or say something nice.
- Enjoyment and enjoyment. To please the interlocutor, you need to enjoy communicating with him sincerely. It is essential to relax, behave at ease, and the mind will independently find time for flirting.
- Feeling like the master of the house. Staying in a new environment, you should not strain and feel discomfort. It is better to imagine in your mind that you are the host, not the guest.
- The ability to listen. To inspire confidence and win over yourself, listening to the interlocutor and asking questions during the conversation. It will demonstrate genuine interest. But at this time, flirting should not be shown.
- Smile. A sincerely smiling person evokes sympathy and, with facial expressions, says that she is flirting. A smile illuminates the face and attracts people, including the opposite sex.
How to Tell Flirting from Friendliness?
According to research by scientists, both men and women do not distinguish flirting from superficial friendships, however, for different reasons. Girls tend not to notice the hidden sexual connotation emanating from a man. Representatives of the strong half of humanity, on the contrary, exaggerate their importance and accept any heightened signs of attention as a desire for intimacy.
It is essential to know a few differences that indicate sincere sympathy and not simple friendliness to protect yourself from unpleasant situations.
Lies for Good
At the beginning of the development of relations, each partner tries to show themselves as best as possible. That is why it isn’t easy to expect one hundred percent honesty. Therefore, if we discard the option that the person you like is a pathological liar, we can safely say that an innocent lie can be a sign that a partner is trying to please and is afraid to disappoint.
Clarity in Relationships
If a person clarifies that he is free and open to new relationships, this is not done in vain. Based on this, flirting in such a situation is appropriate. Suppose there is an open discussion of their partners during the conversation. In that case, this suggests that the communication has only a friendly overtone since there is no fear of losing a partner.
Filling Yourself in Time and Space
If a person is in love, he will try to spend as much time as possible with the object of adoration and also show flirting in all its glory. He will listen carefully, memorize information, learn as much as possible. At a prevailing party, a person in love will look for someone who likes it, ask friends, trying to find out as much information as possible.
Doesn’t Talk About Other Women (Men)
As a rule, you can talk with friends about any topic. However, if it comes to a romantically inclined person, then he will in every possible way avoid and suppress conversations about other girls (young people). Flirting will be visible to the naked eye, and this is normal.
Suppose a person by himself is naturally friendly, open, and easily complements other members of the opposite sex. In that case, most likely, we are talking about a purely friendly attitude and not about flirting. If the communication style is significantly different from the usual, then we can talk about hidden sympathy.
One way to distinguish flirting from simple friendship is through simple flirting. It can involve simple things like a sweet smile, light touching, eye contact. There is no need to bring everything to its logical conclusion immediately. Harmless manifestations of sympathy are also beneficial because if something goes wrong, you can quickly “jump off.” After all, no one will know whether it was a manifestation of feelings, flirting, or just a good mood.
You may also like to read: How to Get Your Ex Back Fast After Breaking Up?
I want to summarize the information and affirmatively say that flirting plays an essential role in relationships. Knowing the signs of flirting, you can easily determine a person’s intentions because there is often confusion between friendships and falling in love. After reading the article, the reader learned more about the term flirting itself and the secrets that help to flirt correctly.
Every person has flirted at least once in his life, and rightly so because flirting is the first and essential step towards creating a love relationship. (intriguing article on toxic relationships) The main thing is not to be afraid to show signs of attention to the person you like, and for this, you should work on your self-esteem, get rid of fears, and gain self-confidence. We wish all readers to remain happy, healthy, active, and with a great desire to learn something new.
Thank you for reading the article to the end and do not forget to share this information on social networks, because it is not difficult for you. Still, we are pleased – a compliment or, as the people say, donation for the author’s works by reference.