Today I’ll tell you about “how to improve a relationship with a man after a breakup” in this article. Any relationship between a man and a woman has its own problems and periods of discord. Even the most empathetic, understanding and close-minded partner can move away from you and stop trusting as much as before.
This happens for a variety of reasons, and this is not always your fault. However, if there is a desire to improve relations, then you should think about why they went wrong.
Often in the answer to the question “why is this” lies a solution, thanks to which you can return everything to square one. If you are thinking about how to restore relationships, then you value them very much, and thanks to this, you will succeed.
Causes of Discord
Relationships “break” for a variety of reasons, and each is strictly individual, but there are general tendencies and there are things that prevent different couples from being together:
- Inability to speak out your dissatisfaction immediately and without accusations. A man is incapable of reading minds, as is a woman, and if you grunt meaningfully for a very long time, when something does not suit you, and then make a scandal, a predictable discord will appear in the relationship.
- Even if the claims are expressed immediately, and not accumulate and dump on the partner in a crowd, the problem may be in the form of statements. Numerous and aggressive accusations will set few people in a positive mood.
- Maybe a man doesn’t have enough personal space, and after work he does not have time to be alone, and therefore you gradually begin to irritate.
- Perhaps you do not converge in everyday life, and someone alone needs perfect cleanliness and order, while the second one needs the level “not so dirty with us.”
- It is not necessarily your fault, or the fault of your spouse, there is a possibility that you simply did not understand each other and you need an honest and frank conversation to sort things out.
You may also like to read: How to Choose Between Two Guys: If You Like Two Guys, Which One Should You Choose?
How to Improve A Relationship After Breaking Up?
First, you should think about whether you need to restore them at all.
If only the bad remains in your memory, and the only reason why you want to return the “former” is the fear of loneliness, then you should not do this.
If your heart yearns for a loved one, and in fact you just want him to be there again, then you can try to start all over again.
To do this, you can:
- Contact him and try to chat on neutral topics.
- Call, ask how he is doing, how life is going without you. The conversation will help to understand whether he is determined to resume communication, whether he is ready to see you again. If your partner prefers a written format, instead of a call, you can write to him in one of the social networks, where he is most often “online”.
Conversation is the key to getting started, the first step. It should be conducted as friendly as possible, as if you were old friends who decided to meet after a long break.
- The one with whom you want to spend your life, in fact, is a close friend, it is worth showing it. You should not react violently to harsh phrases, most likely, he pronounces them out of resentment for the break.
Start Remembering Warm Moments Together.
Any couple has a lot of things that they remember with a smile. Memories that fill the heart with tenderness and make you rejoice. Something that served as a source of warmth for the two of you. Talk about it. Perhaps this will push the man to be the first to propose to be together again.
Ask for Help from People Close to Him.
If his sister, mom or close friend is for your reunion, it is likely that this will affect him and push him towards you. It’s not a fact that they will want to help you, but it’s worth trying.
In addition, these people may know more about his grudges against you or about what he lacked in a relationship. They are an important source of useful information.
Rarely, partings take place peacefully and without conflict, and, as a rule, both are to blame for the conflict. Apologize for the negativity brought into his life. Try to turn the page of mutual grudges, prove that you are ready to start from scratch.
Note: The main thing is sincerity. A sincere desire for forgiveness.
You may also like to read: How to Get Your Ex Back Fast After Breaking Up?
How to Repair and Refresh A Cool Relationship?
If it’s not yet breaking up, but you’re feeling chilly in your relationship, there are several ways you can add a little novelty, revitalize and refresh it.
1. Start Making Time for Yourself.
Paradoxically, if you feel cool in a relationship, it is best to first take care of yourself, talk to your friends, go to the spa, buy yourself something that you have long dreamed of.
A happy and self-satisfied woman, not fixated only on a man, involuntarily attracts and causes a desire to be closer.
So just do what brings you joy. It will never hurt.
2. Do Something New Together.
Go to a massive game of fun for both, sign up for a steam cooking workshop, hike, or visit a beautiful city you’ve never been to before.
Go for archery or even just visit a newly opened restaurant.
For your information! New positive experiences bring you closer together and help you to tune in a positive way.
Plus, you will have many topics of conversation that were not there before.
3. Become More Honest With Each Other.
Relationships are built primarily on intimacy and trust. Being honest is good, so tell your loved one more about yourself. Tell something that you haven’t told anyone about, emphasize that he is the only one you are willing to trust so much.
Open-minded people attract, and a sense of their own exclusivity flatters the partner’s pride. So why not please him?
4. Don’t Ask Him to Be Someone Else.
Let the man with you feel that he can be himself and not pretend. Accept it as it is and show it.
Praise more often, be glad that he is there. A kind word is pleasant, especially from a loved one.
5. Spend More Time Together.
Ideally, at least once a week or two, set aside a day on which you will only be together. A day of activities and experiences. After all, a day of romance.
How to Strengthen Relationship?
If everything is fine with you, but you want to strengthen the union and make it even better, try to have your spouse more to yourself. For instance:
1. Take an Interest in His Hobbies.
If you’ve never asked what kind of cars he drives there on his computer, it’s time to start. Genuine interest wins over, and now the once disgruntled husband thinks something like “What a wonderful woman she is!”
2. Delight Him with Sudden Surprises.
Your husband loves homemade dumplings, but you are usually too lazy to cook them? Treat him with a large portion when he comes home from work or on weekends.
Do you know that he was staring at the guitar, but thought it was too expensive? Present her. Just like that, not in honor of the holiday.
People become attached to the source of positive emotions.
3. Support Him in New Endeavors.
If the spouse suddenly took up writing the novel of his dreams, you should not ridicule him and say that nothing will work out. On the contrary. Tell me what plot moves you would not like as a reader, praise apt phrases. What if he becomes the Russian Stephen King?
4. Praise and Tell Me How Wonderful It Is.
If you are still with this person, then you like him. But no one can read minds, and this is not always obvious. Talk about it. Talk about what he does great, say how talented and smart he is.
And the most important thing! Only say what you really think but haven’t said before. The lie is felt.
How Can Trust Be Restored?
It also happens that trust in a relationship has already been destroyed. Betrayal or a big lie, but you want to restore it. It’s harder than starting over with another person and isn’t always justified. But if you’ve already decided, then it’s worth trying:
- Accept that trust has been destroyed and come to terms with it.
- The first step is always acceptance. Only after it can you decide what to do with it now.
- Denial is a normal psychological mechanism, but it is worth overcoming.
1. Redefine the Relationship.
Think about why this happened. Go to a family psychologist and talk about complaints against each other. Very often, problems are resolved after a direct conversation. If a man cheated on you, perhaps he was missing something. If you find out what, then you can either start to change in this direction, or still part.
2. Start Over.
Communicate as if you didn’t know each other. To impress and “fall in love” again. Together with warm feelings, trust will return. Go on a date, visit places that you would like to show your spouse.
3. Do Not Blame, And Do Not Be Accused.
Whoever was the cause of the broken trust, there is no need to constantly remember and crush it. Get it out of your head. It is important to remember, but not worth remembering. Constant quarrels do not improve relationships, on the contrary. Especially quarrels over the same reason. Forgiven means forgiven. The offense is “erased”, as it were.
Time is the best healer, and in order for the grievances to be “erased”, one must, among other things, wait patiently.
Perhaps the first six months will be bad for you, but later, when emotions subside, trust will slowly begin to return. If the offense was not repeated, of course.
If a relationship is dear to you, it can always be saved or restored. The main thing is that they are dear not only to you. Any interaction with people is impossible without the support of the other side. Remember: all of the above can only be effective if your man also wants to rebuild his relationship with you.
A person cannot be made to love, you can only show that you have not cooled down either. Feelings are a two-way movement of a couple towards each other.