No matter how great a manager you are, people are everything. If your employees are lazy, missed deadlines, play shooters, or have a heated discussion of world news instead of work, it’s time to change something. Take your time to fire lazy people – better think about what you can do to Motivation Of Employees to fulfill their duties.
Why Are Employees Lazy To Work?
There are several reasons why employees do not want to work. A good half of them are schools of the head himself. The easiest way, of course, is to blame the workers for everything, but in all honesty, admit that there are no ideal leaders. Many of us have our weaknesses, and this negatively affects the work of the entire team.
So Why Are Employees Mumbling?
just people like that. They want to do nothing and get a big salary. This is a common type of people who are becoming more and more. You can motivate them with one thing – money, but not for long. The trouble is that they sincerely believe that they deserve more, and are doing you a favor by the very fact of getting a job. Such should be disposed of immediately;
They do not want to work. Because the boss will come and do everything himself. Or redo what has been done. Their logic is simple: why bother if the boss will do what is best anyway. Did you recognize yourself? Then urgently read our article “How to delegate authority” and apply the advice of psychologists in practice;
they do not understand the tasks and responsibilities, so they work carelessly. If an employee does not have a sane job description, his tasks are too vague or even unsolvable – of course, the desire to work disappears. Be clear about what you want from each employee, for what purpose, and when. It will be easier;
there is an unhealthy atmosphere in the team: employees weave intrigues, knock on each other, bosses encourage their favorites and spread rot on the disobedient. If any success of an employee can be turned inside out and turned into failure, even a saint will not want to work. In this case, you must first unite the team , and then motivate everyone.
In any case, you need to believe in your employees first, and then read on. Promise yourself that your online store team will be the most successful, the most cohesive. And the manager who forgets to call the client back, and the courier who confuses addresses, and even the designer who works remotely and misses all deadlines – they all will definitely cope.
Believe it? Exactly? Fine. Let’s consider different types of employee incentives: let’s call them conditionally material incentives, prospects for the future, a kind word and unusual types of motivation.
Types Of Staff Motivation
Material Incentives – Motivation Of Employees
The simplest type of Motivation Of Employees: you do not need to immerse yourself in psychological exercises, delve into the needs of each employee – it is enough to give more money. As a rule, it works: no one has yet given up money. But there are also nuances: there is a special kind of people for whom the human attitude or work for the benefit of the Big Idea is more important. Let’s talk about finance first, and then back to romantics and subtle natures.
You May Also Like: Motivation For Study - How To Achieve Your Study Goals
- Increase in wages. At least 5-10 percent. If you have few employees, these extra expenses are unlikely to greatly affect the profits of the online store, and employees are motivated perfectly. The first months after the increase, your entire team will simply fly with happiness!
Bonus accrual also belongs to the same type of Motivation Of Employees – for example, a manager can be rewarded for a record number of closed orders, a courier – for processing many addresses, an accountant – for successful closing of reports, a marketer – for a successful advertising campaign. If a person has reached the goal by 100% – pay him a 100% bonus, if by 80% – let the amount be less.
- Discounts on services. Surely your employees have looked after something from the assortment of your online store, or maybe they are already actively making orders. Set up corporate discounts once and for all : team members can buy products with a 30% discount or another at face value. This will not only increase your profits, but also encourage employees to work as talking word of mouth : let them tell everyone about your kindness and generosity, and at the same time advertise products.
- Tuition fees. Now you can send employees to courses and trainings: individual and team. It helps to unite your team and gives employees new knowledge. Do not spare money for training: in the end, these costs will return to you a hundredfold when employees begin to apply the experience gained in practice.
- Repair in the office, purchase of furniture, arrangement of the dining room or rest room in the office. It seems that the employee does not receive anything in cash – but you invest in his comfort. It is known that the convenience of the workplace directly affects labor productivity: try to hang on your phone all day, entering data into the CRM system with your other hand! Buy comfortable ergonomic furniture for your employees, paint your office in bright positive colors, allow employees to dine and relax in a designated area.
- Giving gifts. And this is not only traditional envelopes and bouquets for birthdays and March 8th. Employees should not be rewarded because of the holidays, but because of a job well done. Remember how the best employees were rewarded at Soviet factories in the past: they gave them watches, vouchers to sanatoriums, and posted photos on the honor board and in corporate media. Take these ideas into service – albeit not on an industrial scale. Popular with today’s executives are resort vouchers, gym passes, tickets to a show or performance – just ask your employee’s preferences ahead of time.
Reward the best employees, write about it on the website and in the communities of the online store, in social networks – let the customers know their heroes! If your company participates in professional competitions – try to offer your candidate in any nomination.
- Nice little things. Material rewards can be replaced with other quite material incentives: extra days off, free meals, corporate mobile communications, health insurance, the ability to leave work if necessary. And all this without unnecessary red tape, countless signed papers – just at the behest of the boss.
Prospects For The Future – Motivation Of Employees
If you have ambitious plans for an employee, tell him about it. Many leaders strive to make a career and move up the ladder – if they are sure that they will be promoted, they can easily do without a salary increase or bonus. Your task is to keep your word: you will not be forgiven for deception and shattered hopes. Your niche market is not that big, and bad rumors can spread quickly.
You May Also Like: Motivation For Study - Psychologists Advise For The Parents
Kind Word – Motivation Of Employees
So we got to those for whom human relations are more important than wages. These are mainly women who go to work largely because of a good psychological climate, pleasant colleagues, and a sincere atmosphere.
- Praise. Many bosses consider it beneath their dignity to praise an employee once again. Meanwhile, praise, even spoken casually or on an insignificant occasion, will do more than dry instructions and strict adherence to instructions. A simple “thank you” or “well done” – and now your employee smiles and does his task in a good mood, and the rest of the employees are imbued with loyalty to you.
- The possibility of communication between the boss and the subordinate. Employees often have questions that they have no one to discuss with: the manager rarely appears at work, and if he does, he closes in his office and holds meetings. The rest of the colleagues carry out their tasks and cannot suggest a solution. Make a rule: communicate with employees at least an hour a day. They should know that in the event of force majeure, and just like that, you can come to you and get good advice or instructions.
- The right to vote for everyone. It often happens that the most lively members of the team come up with proposals and ideas – the rest are shy or remain silent. Over time, these employees stop asking questions at all, they turn into gray shadows of more successful colleagues. If you have such silent people, give them a chance to prove themselves. Conduct brainstorming, team play, joint activity. In unusual conditions, people reveal themselves from an unexpected side: perhaps it is the gray mouse that will offer the most profitable idea.
- Board of honor. A way old as a world that really works. Put up a stand in your office with the title “Employee of the Month” and periodically update the photos on it. Be sure to duplicate information on the company’s website in the news section or in social networks. Do not forget to reward the winner with tasty treats or nice little things.
- Flexible hours. How many unfortunate salesmen-“owls” come to work by 9 am and then toil until lunchtime, unable to wake up. And the poor “larks”-couriers are idle in their most productive hours – in the morning, and in the evening, pumped up by energy workers, they carry orders home. Meanwhile, people can make their lives much easier by allowing them to work flexible hours or remotely. If you have remote employees , you already know that the quality of work does not suffer from the territorial factor. People know their tasks and deadlines, and when they do them – late at night or in the morning, it does not concern you.
Unusual Ways – Motivation Of Employees
- Taking into account the temperament of workers. Melancholic people work differently than choleric people, and phlegmatic people differ from sanguine people. We’ve already covered how to work with clients of all types of personality – the same principles can be applied to your own employees. It is easy to determine the type: if you do not want to understand in detail the personality of the subordinate, just conduct psychological testing.
- Playing on ambition. This method was invented by Walt Disney, and now many leaders have taken up it. In the empire of the famous cartoonist, there were many departments and positions, some were prestigious, others not very much. The most unpopular were the laundries in hotels: people did not want to work there – not prestigious. Disney renamed laundries to textile services: it sounded different and equalized workers with other departments. That is, nothing has changed except the name, but how pleasant it became to the employees! Nowadays, this method is also popular: the cleaner is proudly called the household manager, the washerwoman is the laundry operator, and so on.
- Internal system of rewards – and not from the bosses, but from their own colleagues. The bottom line is simple: a corporate program is created in which everyone leaves publicly available feedback , thanks or complaints about the work of their colleagues. Now it is even easier to do it: in any messenger, special corporate chat, business application.