Tense muscles of the body, like tense nerves, significantly interfere with focusing on current tasks, as well as rest. A person just biologically needs sleep, rest, but because of constant work, often even the night time does not bring proper rest. In this article I will tell you how to learn to relax completely mentally and physically.
What is Relaxation?
Paradoxically, each of us must re-learn what is inherent in us by nature. In a state of constant stress and fatigue, the body does not restart, at the level of the psyche we do not allow ourselves to calmly drop our hands, exhale, stop running somewhere, close our eyes and forget about problems. As a result, we get a complex of diseases and bad mood.
Relaxation is the ability to temporarily escape from worries, peace and quiet.
Why am I Always Stressed?
Tension can be spontaneous (an hour’s workout in the gym), after which calmness comes quickly enough, and also cumulative. It is the last option that is most difficult for a person. It consists of:
- Physical fatigue – lack of sleep, work “on your feet” or at the computer, constant chores around the house, because of which there is no time to sit down.
- Stress, psychological clamps, conflict situations – they appear everywhere, when there is no harmony within and with the environment.
- Ecology and the rhythm of life – the space around us is very oppressive, gives a gloomy background.
- If you only feel the tension of the body, which does not go away, then the reason is the inability to hear it.
Relaxation and Relaxation Techniques
If this is a skill, then it can be learned. Different techniques are required in different situations – some are appropriate at home after work, others can be used during lunchtime.
They are suitable for moments when you need to switch to something, dump the burden of negative thoughts, experiences. For example, before going to a business meeting, you should temporarily disconnect from current work problems.
Rapid Relaxation Techniques:
- Find the cause of the stress and mentally push it aside. Awareness is the first and foremost step on the path to tranquility.
- Do a little exercise. Many large companies have both a relaxation area and a gym. Because sports loads relieve psychological fatigue.
- Several inhalations and exhalations, accompanied by raising and lowering the arms. Breathing is an excellent indicator of stress, with experiences and nervous tension it becomes more frequent, it is necessary to forcefully return it to normal.
- Compression of the body in the embryo position. Press your head to your knees and wrap your arms around your legs, freeze for 10 minutes, experiencing conscious tension. Then, with an exhalation, open your palms, straighten up. This technique will remove the internal locks.
How to Relax the Body and Release Clamps?
Muscles contract involuntarily and do not return to normal. Such a physical body reaction indicates psychological problems. You may not notice the “muscle shell” for a long time until the muscles start to ache. If clamped:
- Mouth. Indicates the need for protection and resentment. You need to take the pose of an embryo and make sucking movements.
- Neck. This means that there is fear as well as control over speech. It is necessary to make several yawns in the morning and in the evening – large, in all the lungs.
- Chest. Speaks of restrained emotions. Try lying across the bed with your feet flat on the floor. Place a roller under your back and take deep breaths.
- Diaphragm. Most likely, you are afraid of something. You can remove the clamp by making static turns of the body to the sides and staying in them for a minute.
How to Fully Relax Your Body from Tension?
It is necessary to give small loads to each muscle group:
- Tilts – for neck and shoulders, lower back, arms, calves and hips.
- Stretching up – for the back.
- Turns to the right and left – for the oblique muscles of the press.
- Squats are for the legs.
A vigorous dance for 5-7 minutes helps to relax well. You can also sign up for swimming – water reduces resistance, so the muscles receive moderate, all-round development, but without overstrain. If you come home from a workout, a warm bath with aromatic oils or a contrast shower will work well.
Exercise for The Brain
If you are working mentally or studying, you need to periodically clear your thoughts of worries. You can do it like this:
- using water procedures;
- through aromatherapy;
- drink tea with herbs – chamomile, thyme, linden;
- go for a massage or point massage your body, you can at the time of applying milk, cream to the skin.
How to Relax Yourself After Stress?
First, you need to understand the cause of the condition, remove this factor from the environment, along with secondary irritants – calls, noise from the street, the TV turned on. After that, you can do one of the following:
- take a walk in the forest / park, if the weather is favorable;
- play with your pet;
- watch a good movie or enjoy music;
- do yoga or stretching, Pilates – something slow, with elements of meditation;
- take a bath;
- meet good friends, sweethearts, share problems.
What to Do If Tension in the Relationship with Spouse?
Family discord always begins with misunderstanding, so the main trump card is a heart-to-heart conversation. Perhaps the problem lies in the presence of complexes – you are ashamed of your appearance, afraid to express your opinion, or do not feel loved.
I recommend to be together more often in places where you feel as comfortable as possible – on joint walks, picnics, in the parental home. Even the room in the apartment matters, where it is easier and more free for you to speak, more ways to open up. A prerequisite is a conversation, gradually explain the problem to him, find a joint solution.
Relaxation Techniques and Methods
Leave for yourself during the day 20-30 minutes to restore peace of mind and physical relaxation. In this half-hour interval, you can use techniques that are called relaxation in psychology. They contribute to the smooth release of clamps, the elimination of nervous overstrain.
There are many types of methods, among which auto-training, meditation are especially popular (they are especially good for those who practice yoga), listening to music of a certain orientation. I made a selection of 6 techniques. To complete them, you need 15 minutes and complete privacy in comfortable conditions: order, silence, comfortable temperature, fresh air (you need to ventilate the room), absence of irritants.
It involves the control of breathing, as the most important force guiding our body and mind. To complete it you need:
- lie down in a comfortable position;
- close your eyes and concentrate on inhaling and exhaling through your nose;
- feel the coolness of the air;
- hold your breath for a short time;
- exhale and feel the warmth.
This combination should be repeated 30-50 times. At the same time, one cannot think about an outsider, only about enriching the body with oxygen. This exercise can be used anywhere, even while sitting. At the same time, the heart rate decreases, the nerves gradually come to order.
1. Progressive Muscle Relaxation
It is based on the opinion that if you strain each individual muscle in turn, then the whole body will come to calm in just 5-10 minutes. To do this, one muscle at a time must be set in motion – the neck (turns), the press (twisting), the arms (lifting small dumbbells).
2. Calming Visualization
Our subconscious “I” does not distinguish between real events. Therefore, you need to visualize images that bring peace. You need to act like this:
- Sit or lie in a comfortable position with your eyes closed.
- Normalize breathing if it is stuck.
- Imagine a place where you like to be, hold this picture, feel all the sensations (smells, tactile touches, sounds) that you experience there.
- Use maximum detail.
- Gradually return to reality, mentally recalling the situation in the room, focusing on real feelings.
- Open your eyes.
3. Entering the Alpha State”
Our brain works as a generator of waves, and its activity can be at 4 levels, where:
- β – active work;
- α – state of rest;
- θ – meditation or hypnotic influence;
- δ – sleep.
The task of the technique is to switch to frequencies from 8 to 14 Hz. This can be done according to the algorithm:
- lie down comfortably;
- count from 3 to 1, mentally pronouncing these numbers;
- list the values from 10 to 1, thinking with the phrases “I calm down”, “I relax”, “I sink more into calmness”, “I am calm”, etc., at ten say “I am in alpha”.
- This is similar to self-hypnosis and requires repeated repetition in order to learn to dive deeper and deeper at each level.
How Good It is to Relax with Neurosis?
This condition is accompanied by panic, fears, irritability, as well as depressive thoughts and a general negative attitude. Autogenic training helps a lot, during which a person for a short time, but every day, inspires himself with correct, positive thoughts. Key recommendations:
- mantras should not have a negative particle “not”;
- they must be familiar with simple wording;
- during the exercise, development should occur – from the easiest to the most difficult.
Examples of self-hypnosis: “I am happy”, “I am calm”, “I respond well to any situation.”
It is necessary to strain and then release the tension from the muscles – this method of relaxation should be used not only for physical fatigue, but also for psychological fatigue. Thoughts need to be concentrated on sensations.Jacobson
Some Cool Relaxation Tips
Regardless of which method you choose, follow some simple tips bellow to relax quickly.
A. Simple Exercises
Normal breathing and physical movements can be done for 1-2 minutes in any place – at work, at home, in line at the store. Take a break from your computer or phone right now, close your eyes, take a deep breath with raising your arms, exhale with a quick lowering. Feel how fatigue leaves you with the air, all the tension falls off your shoulders. Now knead the hands, elbow joints and shoulder joints with rotational movements, twist your back from side to another, shake your limbs. In these couple of minutes you will already feel lightness.
Part of the heaviness in the stomach is the cause of the general drowning condition. Here are some tips:
- do not eat at night;
- avoid large amounts of fatty foods;
- give preference not to buns and chocolates, but to fruits;
- drink more pure water.
You may also like to read: How to Improve Performance and Mental Activity to Achieve Your Desired Goal?
Question: How Easy It is to Calm Down?
Answer: If you feel anxiety (anxiety, fear, resentment), then your breathing and heart rate increase. The first step is to stay alone with yourself and normalize them with deep breaths, small delays and exhalations.
Question: How to Relax quickly?
Answer: Follow these 9 smart tips to relax quickly:
- Avoid cigarettes and alcohol as stress helpers.
- Brew soothing teas with healing aromatic herbs – chamomile, lemon balm, thyme. It is better to buy them natural from the pharmacy than buying tea bags with flavors.
- Use aroma oils – in aroma lamps, when taking a bath, for massage.
- Avoid people and situations that make you nervous. It doesn’t matter what it is – communication with the mother-in-law or the sound of a leaking tap, fix it.
- Change your activity – if you have been sitting at the computer for a long time, get up and walk, if, on the contrary, you worked a lot, read a chapter of a book or a newspaper article.
- You are more in contact with nature and animals. If there is no way to visit zoos and go out of town, plant some home flowers and get a kitten.
- Have a day of spa treatments: massages, jacuzzi and chocolate wrap will help you.
- Unleash your creativity – now there are many handicraft supplies, clay modeling courses, and intuitive drawing lessons, find a hobby you like.
- Sign up for my consultation , and I will help you find clamps and psychological internal conflicts, together we will find solutions without the use of antidepressants and sedatives.
Question: What happens to the body in moments of stress?
Answer: In moments of stress, the human body prepares for long-term work and begins to use not all resources, but to save them. That is why everything falls out of hand, concentration disappears – there is simply no energy supply for the brain. The state can be compared to fasting. With a quick transition to minimum nutrition, the body begins to actively store calories, because it prepares for the hungry period.
Question: How to learn to relax psychologically?
Answer: First of all, you must understand that you have the right to be a calm, balanced, successful woman. You need to abandon stereotypes that prevent you from living, as well as complexes and other clamps developed from childhood. The first rule is to understand the problem, the second is to find solutions. And these methods must be uncompromising. Example: If you quietly hate your job for several years, leave it and find a place that you like.
Question: How to deal with negative emotions?
Answer: There are several mechanisms that allow you to deal with the negative, which can come both from the inside (self-deprecation, complexes) and from the outside, from the people around you. Some women swallow and accumulate grievances, pain. This leads to burnout or explosion, can be easily broken.
You need to express your feelings, but not recoup others, especially those close to you, your family. Negativeness can be expressed with the help of energetic dance, strikes on a punching bag, drawing with a storm of colors – all these are peaceful ways, sublimation, giving away the excess.
In the article, I told how you can quickly and completely relax, from the point of view of physical and psychological. If you like this post, please share it to your friends and social community. You may follow us on social media Twitter, Facebook or Telegram Channel to stay updated and read the more articles like this.